Approachable people, with years of hands on commercial experience
- Over 25 years’ experience in publishing contracts
- Contributor for the last three editions of the key author/trade publisher chapter of the UK ‘bible’ of Publishing Contracts: CLARK’S PUBLISHING AGREEMENTS A Book Of Precedents – as well as two other chapters in that book
- An adviser on the contracts section to Hugh Jones’ PUBLISHING LAW
- Until 2008 Director of Group Contracts for Hodder Headline (part of Hachette UK)
- Provider of training on courses run by Publishing Training Centre and Publishing Scotland as well as running other ad hoc courses
- A law graduate with many years of contracts management experience for major UK publishers
- Began contracts career at HarperCollins Publishers before going on to set up and run the Contracts Department at Orion (part of Hachette UK) and later working for The Quarto Group as Contracts Manager
- Provider of bespoke in-house training in the areas of contracts and permissions
- Adviser on best practice, contracts procedures and administration
Expert Legal Advice
For matters requiring specific expert legal advice, which would otherwise need to be referred to external lawyers, we also have our resident expert...
Nicholas is a solicitor who is highly experienced in publishing agreements and publishing matters, having worked as in-house counsel for Gullane Entertainment (Gullane Children’s Books, Guinness World Records) and De Agostini, as well as external counsel for a number of publishers and rights owners. In addition to general publishing advice (traditional and new media), Nicholas is able to advise on copyright and trade mark issues, chain of title reviews as part of rights acquisition/sale and TV/film option agreements.
What people say about us...
"Kevin’s calm approach to all the nitty gritty of author contracts has allowed us to achieve our commercial goals while remaining friends with all parties. Perfect!"
Catherine Bell, Scholastic Children’s Books
"I have known Kevin for many years and as a result I knew immediately that he would bring enormous value to my business. He is extremely professional and his knowledge of the intricacies of contracts has to me been invaluable."
Luigi Bonomi LBA
"I have worked with Jackie on publishing related projects of varying levels of complexity. She has always proved to be a hugely knowledgeable source of expert advice and guidance - always professional, efficient and a genuine pleasure to work with."
Richard Green, Publisher, Aurum Press